Intermittent Fasting Trial 16/8 – Day 8… damn, that went by quickly. Slightly over one week since the start of my whacky idea of experimenting with intermittent fasting trial 16/8.
How is it going?
It’s been challenging at times, especially in social situations. For example when you get invited for brunch or a breakfast meeting and you have to either decline the invite or, sit there looking a bit off not eating. You do become more anti social, especially at dinner time. I have scheduled most of my dinner meetings to be lunch time meetings.
I did have to fly from Dubai to Bangkok. That was a real challenge of having to resist the food offerings in the airport lounge and the airplane itself.
Apart from resisting food, I’ve been feeling rather fine and much lighter. Maybe there is something to this intermittent fasting protocol?
Intermittent fasting trial – changes?
- On the physical outlook, nothing major to report. A friend did mention, that my double chin looked smaller… why thank you?
- When I wake up, I have no cravings for food immediately. I go up to midday with relative ease, surviving with my faithful companion H2O – water.
- It’s amazing, in my previous post (Intermittent Fasting 16/8 Trial – Day 4) I spoke about the thoughts on me questioning, WHY was I eating. Following up, I realise that:
- I habit ate, and it became automatic (grabbing for snacks, meals, desserts, cakes etc).
- I have surprised myself that I don’t have eat that much to get the energy required to work, exercise and live. I do feel like we are programmed to eat much more than we actually need.
Overall, I am very happy with how everything is going. Do note that it is only day 8, so let’s see what else happens.
Until next time,