Day 29 of 16/8 Intermittent fasting – who would have guessed it. It’s been an amazing and insightful journey. Starting from my Intermittent Fasting 16/8 Trial – Day 4 and the Intermittent Fasting 16/8 Trial – Day 8 posts, all the way to where we are now. I was purely testing it out with no real goal in mind, yet, this is a deceptively simple plan to follow and here we are at just under the one month mark. It is something that I will definitely be carrying on a daily habit.
Day 29 – 16/8 Intermittent fasting feedback & thoughts:
- I automatically drink lots more water (minimum 3 litres a day).
- No lack of energy at gym training.
- So far, it is too early to see any form of gym results. I will give it a good 1-2 more months to see the gym training results with intermittent fasting.
- I do sometimes get hungry around the 11am mark of the day. The hunger degree is much less now. I can now go a couple hours past the 16 hour mark of fasting, if I wish (I confess, I do lose track of times at work!).
- Skin complexion is much clearer.
- My body is much leaner. Comments on my face looking leaner from a few friends (they were not aware I have been doing intermittent fasting).
- I rarely reach for snacks and am more aware of my food choices (leaning towards whole & healthier foods).
- I have to think about food or where to eat or what to eat – much less – as I am eating less meals and snacks.
- I do have to juggle my social times of having dinners with friends/family, or lunch meetings etc.
- If was more serious, I would have done some form of body check up pre and during doing the intermittent fasting, to be able to compare body statistics.
Intermittent fasting is definitely a protocol that I would recommend to family and friends. Play around with it, and feel what works best for your body. I am pleased I am eating much less and have no lack of energy. That was one of my main concerns – how wrong was I. As mentioned at the beginning, I will be carrying on with the 16/8 Intermittent fasting as part of my daily routine. I may tweak the times and if I do, I’ll update you of the progress.